Bobby Kennedy... 40 Years Later
[from Pastor John Hay's 'Bike Hiker' blog...]
APRIL 4, 1968. Friday, April 4 marks the 40th anniversary of King’s death. On that evening, anguish-driven riots broke out in nearly every major American city. But not in Indianapolis. On that night, Bobby Kennedy happened to be in Indy on a presidential campaign stop. A planned rally was scrapped for a more solemn announcement and spur-of-the-moment speech. His speech turned away wrath. The place is now marked by a monument in Kennedy-King Park on Indy’s near-northside. Here’s the heart of Kennedy’s speech that night:
“Ladies and Gentlemen,
“I'm only going to talk to you just for a minute or so this evening, because I have some very sad news for all of you… and, I think, sad news for all of our fellow citizens, and people who love peace all over the world..."
[continued at Bike Hiker]
Labels: bobby, indiana, Indianapolis, indy, kennedy, king, luther, martin, robert





















More Video Tags










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home